- At least eight years of experience in Tax & Accounting?
- Hands-on People manager?
- Basic knowledge of different approaches in international accounting procedures?
Three times check? Then this might be the challenge you are looking for!
As an Accounting Manager you are responsible for the operational and strategic management of the team in terms of taxes and accounting. At group level you are responsible for 17 legal entities in terms of financial procedures, systems and policies. Today the team has three colleagues in Ireland and two in Belgium. Three people responsible for AP / AR accounting and two for General Accounting.
We are looking for a People Manager who is able to think at management level (CFO). Your team is the indispensable link for all accounting, tax and controlling issues at group level. As a People Manager you are the person that coaches, motivates and supports this team in solving all kinds of problems and developing a well-functioning financial support service. In addition, it is also your responsibility to take care of the reporting at management level and to be the contact person for the external auditors.
How to make your customers and team happy?
- You take responsibility in four different areas: accounting A - Z at group level (17 legal entities), O2C processes, P2P processes and finally reporting and being SPOC for auditing and controlling. You can call on an external auditor, a Tax specialist and a team at Treasury to work together where necessary;
- The AP team also plays a role when it comes to inventorying, stocking up and checking;
- The AR team also plays a role when it comes to determining procurement and approval procedures;
- Furthermore, you provide the necessary support and advice in the field of VAT and tax procedures.
- You have a master's degree and can bring a minimum of eight to ten years of experience in A-Z accounting;
- In addition, you already have experience in a role as main accountant, an experience at an auditing firm is a plus ("big four" or other);
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector is not a must, but we expect that you have already managed a team;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Excel and accounting IT programs (experience with SAP is a plus);
- You have an entrepreneurial drive and can think strategically;
- You have strong communication skills in Dutch, French and English;
- The ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- You are a bridge builder and you don't give up, also you are a winner;
- You are proactive, flexible in thinking and actions
- Solution-oriented actions are your second nature
What we offer
- A challenging role that you can partly shape;
- You end up in a growth scenario with international ambition;
- A competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits (including car, insurance, expense allowance, etc.);
- A challenge with career opportunities;
Enthusiasm pulls the switch!