Service Desk Manager
The Company is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. As a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations, for the past 30 years, they have been providing European and International Organisations with a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What you will do in this role?
- Managing the team responsible for operating the Service Desk within the ICT Shared Service of Managing the team responsible for operating the Service Desk within the ICT Shared Service of our client.
- Providing leadership and developing Customer First culture within the team as they represent the main route for all customers to access the ICT Services.
- Organisation, implementation and maintenance of (IS) support
- Coordination of support teams
- IS Service management
- Coordination with the project teams
- Coordination of wiki sites, collaborative sites or social networks
- Follow-up of service quality
- Management and follow-up of user requests
- Guidance regarding the use of information systems
- Management of incidents related to information systems; organisation of the reporting
- Conception and organisation of user documentation for information systems
- Conception and management of IS and ICT training
- Participation in user, service and project meetings
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor level of education
- Minimum 9 years of IT experience
- Proven knowledge in end-user assistance or support of information systems
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of wiki, collaborative sites and social networks
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- Good reporting methods
- Ability to give presentations
- Ability to apply high-quality standards
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in a team; leadership capability
- Able to cope with the needs of multi-language site deployment
- Previous experience as a service desk agent
When should you not apply?
- Respect and collaboration are not part of your language.
- You don't understand precision
- You are not results-driven nor efficient
- You see problems everywhere.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A varied job where no day is ever the same.
- A nice and welcoming team and environment.
- Start date is September.
- Permanent Contract
What do we offer?
Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see - Mark Twain