Videoconference Support Technician
The Company is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. As a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations, for the past 30 years, they have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What will be your responsibilities in this role?
- Set up systems specifically for events
- Operate the videoconferencing hardware available at the European Parliament
- Set up and test mobile devices in coordination with Conference Technicians (for the connections with conference
- Set up and test the videoconference studio before every planned conference
- Assist the studio participants and give them information on the use of the room and practical advice about
- Conducting the session, as well as managing the touchscreen
- Program, configure the system, upgrade software release and adapt the configuration parameters accordingly with the
- Instructions and at the request of the European Parliament
- Organise and run demonstrations of the services provided
- Provide the Team Manager with good feedback on the work orders status
- Handle disruptions attributable to the infrastructure or to external factors
- Execute the different back up accordingly to the procedures in place
- Update the technical documentation (data sheets) and the specialist documentation (operating procedures, etc.)
- Perform preventative measures to maintain the systems and corrective measures to restore the systems in optimum condition
- Comply with the security and confidentiality policy defined by the European Parliament
- Provide the technical interface with the external operators and monitor their SLA
- To provide the technical interface with the European Parliament’s other technical services
- Test all new software or upgrades following a “Matrix” and report
- Test with all Information Offices at least once per month
- Management of the multiport application
- Inventory of all equipment
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the videoconferencing industry
- In-depth and recent experience with Implementation and servicing of corporate videoconferencing systems.
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Customer Service Excellence
- Organisational Skills
- Excellent knowledge of French and/or English B2 level
- (speaking/reading/writing), other languages will be an advantage.
- Up-to-date knowledge of:
- Knowledge of Tandberg/CISCO videoconference system
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN IP network, H.323, H.320
- As Build Documentation
- Work in an independent, punctual and well-organised way
- Assertive, creative and will take initiative when needed
- Reliable, honest and have a great sense of responsibility
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellence in communication skills (speaking and writing)
- Understand basic principles of resource management
- Ability to draft and complete technical reporting
- Diplomatic, flexible and have a high level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
Minimum Certifications Required:
- ISCED A3/A4 in Communication/Telecommunications/Information Technologies or equivalent professional experience
- ITIL Certification:
- ITIL Foundation or Overview
- Vendor Certifications and Commitment:
- BMS Application Suite would be an advantage
- EPSD would be an advantage
- Tandberg/CISCO certification would be an advantage
When should you not apply?
- Respect and collaboration are not part of your language.
- You don't understand precision
- You are not results-driven nor efficient
- You see problems everywhere.
What we offer
- A permanent contract
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A varied job where no day is ever the same.
- A nice and welcoming team and environment.
- Start Date: Immediate
What do we offer?
Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see - Mark Twain