The Company is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. As a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations, for the past 30 years, they have been providing European and International Organisations with a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
The Operations Manager has managed telecom operations teams of 10 to 30 persons, working in multiple sites.
What you need to succeed in this role?
- Minimum 15 years of recent experience in telecom operations.
- Minimum 10 years of recent experience in telecom operations management functions.
The Operations Manager shall have in-depth and recent experience with:
- Operations of complex corporate telecommunications systems.
- Leading, coordinating and managing multiple services related to Telecom operations and Customer Service.
- Planning and execution of projects in the area of corporate telecom services.
- Excellent knowledge of the infrastructure and services, responsible for the Service Desk and for the technical teams responsible for Telephony, TV distribution, videoconference and cabling-operations in all 3 sites (Brussels, Strasburg, Luxemburg).
The Operations Manager will perfectly master the following domains:
- Excellent team management skills.
- Cabling management: Copper cabling CAT 5n, CAT 6, CAT 7, monomode and multimode fiber cabling: installation, test, and documentation.
- Telephony: Cisco CUCM certifications will be appreciated.
- TV-distribution: head-end technology, TONNA distribution system, television and settop box technology, new techniques for TV over IP, video on demand, network video recording, electronic program guides ...
- Deep knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications solutions and concepts with hands-on functionality and availability/performance troubleshooting knowledge, including: Call Manager, Unity, IM&P, Voice Gateways
- CCNA-Collaboration or any VoIP-related certification would be an asset
- Videoconference: perfect knowledge of the infrastructure to be managed by the EXPLOIT-TEL-2-NP-2019 contractor. Perfect knowledge, particularly service-oriented, of the other infrastructures used in this domain. Excellent knowledge of all procedures and services within scope. A Cisco Video/Tandberg Certification will be appreciated
- Tools used in telecom operations: ticketing systems, configuration management databases, tools for infrastructure documentation
- Cisco IP Telephony, TV-distribution, videoconference administration tools
- Telecom operations procedures: preferably ITIL certification
- Legal aspects of the services: protection of personal data, confidentiality, labour legislation, security at work ...
What are your skills and attitude?
- "Can-do" attitude
- Able to see the big picture
- Excellent team leader
- A high degree of autonomy, able to make decisions as needed by the operations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of both French and English (in speech and reading/writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A varied job where no day is ever the same.
- A nice and welcoming team and environment.
- Start date is immediate or September.
- Permanent Contract
What do we offer?
Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see - Mark Twain